Sunday, September 28, 2008

Well on my way

I had a plan and by gumdit (I have no clue where I got that word from! LOL) I achieved my goal. Tonight I sat down and created my two cards for my workshop next Saturday. This theme is 'water'. We will use the waterbrush - one of my favorite tools, with the markers and watercolors. I don't often use these tools now, and it is a great pleasure to color and fiddle with them again. Creating tonight was fun! Now I only have 8 more projects to go - well 7 because I have the Advent Calendar sample done and I don't prep the kits will people commit ( that would be with registration fee in hand....lol)
This little gem is a makeover from a card I did last winter for Christmas. I had enough kits left that I just adapted the 4.25 x 5.5 card into a 5 x 7.
Colors: Crystal Blue & Sweetleaf
Stamps: (All CTMH) Merry Pursuits, Snowfriends, Feathery Flakes & Christmas Melodies
Other: Glitter Pen, Brads, Sweetleaf Ribbon Rounds

When I saw the new Autumn/Winter catalogue I simply fell in love with the set "Gloria". Many people I have spoken with don't like it as it feels 'fiddly'. I enjoyed the coloring aspect of this set. Using my watercolor pencils and waterbrush as well as a few markers, it took me about 5 minutes or so to color it all in....nothing really fiddly about that. This card pattern is one from the "Originals" book which I adore.
Colors: Tulip (yes Tulip...lol), Juniper and Moonstruck
Stamps: (CTMH) Gloria
Other: Leather-look craft lacing, brads
This last goodie is a card from last season. It's amazing the stuff you find tucked in behind other things....lol. I will use this as an additional card project if the gals whip through the first two. I find by limiting my workshops to two projects the gals have plenty of time to learn the techniques and get it right without having to rush and potentially miss something.

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

VERY nice! I have the little elves on order. So cute. And love the Gloria set and your distressing on your card is awesome. Thanks for the "inkspiration."

Erica said...

wow...you are a brave gal taking on gloria! and you did great!