Friday, October 3, 2008

My October Offerings

Hello all (well the six or so of you who have found me again...lol) I am digging in an concentrating on creating all of my workshop samples for the 'card creating season'.

I couldn't stand my previous card using the Gloria set - while I love the colors and the feel of the card I just didn't 'feel' it - something was missing! I added the title bar and 'feel' way better about the card now. For me it's in balance. (Kathi, you and I must be on the same wave length...lol)


My next two cards will be for my workshop in just over a week. I am trying to run with a theme - this one is Snowmen. Aren't they just darling. The first card was made using a brand new card pattern by our CTMH CEO, Jeanette Lynton


Colors: Twilight, Chocolate, Bamboo
Stamp: Snow Friends
Other: Coluzzle, Ribbon, beads, Waxy Flax

I adapted the pattern a bit, adding a focal image, as well as closing the top and bottom to create a 'tag' envelope of sorts. I had fun distressing everything in chocolate - a stretch for me that I will be happy to play with some more in the near future. I am still trying to perfect my technique, seeing so many gorgeous examples on various blogs has me itching to get it right.

My next offering for October is this awesome pull up card using the November SOTM. I just think this set is so cute and great for kids who like to play with cardmaking and other art projects. This pattern for the pull up card is an oldie but goodie and after a failed attempt at a never ending card I decided to go this route. I am glad I did.


Colors: Heavenly Blue, Petal, Crystal Blue, Grey Wool
Stamp: November SOTM All Decked Out, Say it In Style (Former SOTM)
Other: Brads, Ribbon
Instructions for Pull Up card as I did it.
Cut two cardstock 4.25 x 5.5 (base and top)
Cut one cardstock 3.25 x 4.75 (pull up)
On one piece of 4.25 x 5.5 stamp as desired then cut (place card vertically/portrait) two long sides .5 inch from edge and .75 inches from bottom. This creates a U shaped cut. Score at .75 from top to create a flap.
Using punch or coluzzle cut notch in top of both pieces of 4.25 x 5.5 cardstock. On top part (the one you cut the U shape in) score the bottom of the 'flap' .5 inch from edge. THEN score a further 2 - 2.5 inches from that scoreline. (this creates a "middle" scoreline on the flap) Attach pull up piece to bottom of flap (in the .5 inch section) section only.
Lay top over base and glue ON ONLY the three sides you cut on. DO NOT GLUE the top edge as this is where your pull up card should be peeking out of the top.
Create focal image as desired and attach to front flap, below the 'middle' scoreline. Add ribbon to 'pull up piece' when visible from notch to create a pulley.

2 comments:

RAE said...

Wowie...fantastic designs! Love em!

Erica said...

those are cute!! i love the snow man one....i need to try that card template from JL