Thursday, November 13, 2008

Anticipation

Ooooo I am so excited that in a few short weeks I will have my hands on my advance copy of the New CTMH Spring 2009 Idea Book. Stay tuned for more information on my "LOVE YA - Spring Catalogue Release Party" in January!
I guess I better get myself in motion and get my Christmas cards made. LOL I find that each year Christmas sneeks up on me and before I know it it's done. This year I am going to make myself slow down and enjoy the season - AND THE REASON for the season.

When I was a kid my mom used to spend weeks and weeks baking and preparing for Christmas - everything was homemade and the gifts well thought out and thoughtful! The older I get the more I want to have those Christmas' back. This year we will be cutting way back on the binge shopping that one seems to get caught up in and making each other our christmas gifts! The boys are somewhat hesitant about the entire idea - not sure what they could possibly make for Mom & Dad. I understand their hesitation, however when they were given some examples I could see the glint that used to adorn my siblings and my face around Christmas, start to glow. It will be an experiment at the very least and I hope another tradition that we can add to those we already cherish.

I am sure the three Wise Men didn't shop at Best Buy or Wally World for their gifts to Christ....and those were gifts given with the utmost love.
Hopefully next time I will have some new artwork to share with you..... thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Whew! I've found you again! I was wondering where you've been! Love your work and your spirit!

RAE said...

I agree...homemade gifts are a great idea. I always make my mom something...usually a mini book...this yr its going to be a hand decorated picture frame. I just have to find the time to do it...sigh