Tuesday, November 18, 2008

typical - I think not!

I so enjoy taking stamps and using them for things that aren't obviously what the theme is. In this case I used a 'regular' religious stamp set, and a background stamp to create a great Christmas card. I absolutely love the CTMH background stamps and this one looks so neat with the heat embossed gold lines. These are simple card ideas gleaned from Kathi's blog over the past few weeks. There are so many card sketches and fun ideas it's hard to keep up, but the simplicity of this kind of sketch really drew me to them, and inspired me to play with the idea.


Colors: As shown in photo
Stamps: Argyle Backgrounds, Faith, Say It With Style
Other: Ribbon & Bigger Brads, Brads

I am having fun playing 'for myself' these past few days as the preparations for my last seasonal workshop are all done - yes I said it - I am prepared! LOL You can check out my workshop schedule on my website!

1 comment:

Erica said...

so not typical...and i am feeling SO STUPID for not seeing how some of the argyle images really are meant to go together