Tuesday, December 23, 2008

ahhhhh thinking ahead

My co-worker and I agreed that we wouldn't exchange gifts this year for Christmas. She, however, has been known to not follow these agreements....lol. So being one up on her is a good thing and I am prepared. I got the idea for this from the CTMH new Spring '09 catalogues, chipboard boxes. I haven't ordered the box yet but have a gazillion (is that even a word...lol) of the chipboard coasters that I made this awesome little calendar box from. They are 4 x 4 and a perfect fit for the calendar of the January 2009 SOTM Moments in Time and March 2009 SOTM Butterfly Wings. Along with the Key To My Heart paper and some Edge Anchors this little bitty box is a cute idea for the gal or guy who has it all. I hope she likes.....


Materials: ALL Supplies CTMH unless otherwise indicated
Paper - Key to My Heart (special National Papercrafting Month Kit), Colonial White CS, Tulip CS
Stamps - January SOTM - Moment in Time, March SOTM - Butterfly Wings
Ink - Juniper, Chocolate, Sorbet, Tulip
Other - Bigger Brad {white}, Edge Anchors {Colonial White}, Clear Expressions Tag, Waxy Flax
This project has alleviated my Christmas doldrums...no more bah humbugs from me - well at least for now! LOL My hubby has been taking care of the bird population in our neighbourhood - check out these few cool pics he has taken in the last few days!
DH used a planter and dog dish along with a piece of shelving to put together this makeshift birdfeeder. The birdies are happy and it is close enough to the window to enjoy their antics while playing in the snow! JOY in the middle of winter.....
Edit: I was right.... my co-worker did decide to get me something. LOL I collect thimbles and her hubby is always on the lookout for unique and interesting ones. He found a set of four antique ones with winter scenes on them...very cool!



1 comment:

RAE said...

Awww...I'm glad G is feeding the neighborhood birdies! Our neighborhood birds are camped out on our porch enjoying the suet and sunflower seeds I put out.

Lucky co-worker to get that box...it looks awesome!