Wednesday, December 31, 2008

dum dum de dum.... here comes the bride

The great thing about holidays like today is we get off work early enough to enjoy a nap & playtime! LOL What more could you ask for as we await the ringing in of another new year. Wow - 2009 already!

So while I wait I played with a new stamp found at lss....generally speaking I do not use rubber anymore but couldn't resist this great combo from Magenta.
Our nephew is getting married this coming June and as a wedding gift, I offered to make their invitations for them. I am starting to gathering some ideas and need to have a chat with the 'bride', but couldn't resist the urge to whip something up tonight. I tried to keep it simple but the urge to pick up my edge distresser was just too much to bear. lol

This is a pocket style card as you can see from the above photo. The information would be typed up on the insert card and the pocket could hold other information cards as well, such as response card, directions to church/hall etc. The possibilities for this style are numerous. The colors are a bit off as we are playing with new photo editing programs and a new camera but you get the drift.

Well it's 8 minutes till the New Year rings in in western Canada.... wishing each of you a healthy and prosperous new year in 2009! Thanks for hoppin' on over to my blog.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Happy New Year, friend! This is so cool! I love the stamp, too. Wedding ideas I'm going to need, as our wedding is not officially THIS year.