Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hope

It seems in this wacky world today that people lose hope rather easily. As a Christian, I hold a higher hope and faith, one that gets me through tough times as well as through the good. This song here is really an offering of Hope for those in need today - there is so much more beyond the stress and strife of the daily grind. My prayer is that if you haven't found it already, perhaps these lyrics will start to give you that hope - the hope of complete peace and rest in your life.
Artist: Geoff Moore
Song: When I Get Where Im Going
When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly

I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

Yeah, when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah, when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here

I'm gonna walk with my granddaddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I've missed him
Every minute since he left
So much pain and so much darkness
This world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of His amazing grace
Check out other offerings by Geoff Moore....he has an amazing voice and sings praises for the Lord above with heartfelt joy!
Have a great and HOPEFUL DAY!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I absolutely LOVE this song and am a huge Geoff Moore fan. My favorite is his In Christ Alone - not only do I love the sound, but I am moved to tears every single time I hear it. Great music, great artist. Glad you shared! :)