Wednesday, March 11, 2009

enamored or is that enamoured or is it even a proper word!

I am so enamored (spell check is a beautiful thing...lol) of the cards that I made at the SU demonstrators table (thanks so much Tara for putting up with wacky me) that I tried my hand at the same pattern as below, using our {Close To My Heart} stamps and papers. I switched it up just a titch, but the basic sketch is still the same. I have a feeling I will be using it more often! The card on the right is a lesson in 'watching where you put your work'. I turned my white piece over on top of my sponge base that was covered in ink and was too lazy to start the piece over. Lazy is a theme with me at this time of night! LOL I hope you enjoy the results of this as much as I enjoyed creating the original card.

Tomorrow my Mom celebrates her birthday. I plan on whipping over with a BIG HUGE HUG and a the KEY TO MY HEART paper and stamp set that I have been saving since the end of January for her. She will be surprized as she thinks she missed out on the special. Little does she know that daughter #1 knows her mama's heart. I don't get to see my Mom all that much between work and my CTMH business and family and kids and and and .... but tomorrow will be one of those days when I am sure to tell her just how much I love her..... Today I heard a song on the radio that is seldom played any longer - perhaps it was a reminder for me NOT to forget Mom's birthday. The song, Remember When by Alan Jackson, was a special song that my mom and sister chose to play at my Dad's memorial service. The song always makes us all cry when we hear it and today was no different. Tomorrow I know she will be thinking about my Dad as she celebrates her day without him. Tomorrow I hope she knows my Dad will be looking down and wishing her a happy day too..... Remember When.......

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Wow! You've been busy. GREAT stuff! Your not-so-little little guy looks sweet. Thanks for sharing, and I hope your mom enjoyed her day!