Sunday, March 8, 2009

the student.....

How nice is it to be on the recieving end of knowledge? I so enjoy being the student and learning new things about my craft. Others have great ideas and fresh perspectives and it's great to tap into that. Yesterday I was a vendor at a local fundraising scrap event. The hall was filled with a group of 30 or more ladies who enjoy this craft as much as I do. There were so many new faces and old friends, it turned into a very enjoyable day.
I was able to do two make n takes at the Stampin' Up reps table. It was neat to tap into her creative forces and the cards are cute cute cute. Here they are....

At crops and scrapping events I am usually getting my mojo going about an hour before it ends. I get inspired, I guess, by all the ideas that are floating around. I have a gathering next week and the hostess has requested a layout so this is what I came up with, based on a Becky Higgins sketch from long ago. The paper is from the Emporium collection. I adore how this paper matches up with almost any occasion or theme. I used the Inspiration stamp set for the first time tonight as well - using the kissing technique on the Random Alphabet for the title.

I have some awesome news that I can't wait to share! We're excited beyond belief!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Super cards! It's always good to learn new things. It sounds like a very enjoyable day. And then you had to tease us...can't wait to hear the news!

Debby said...

Ok Pam, What is the news???? I think I have an idea, but I'll wait for you to tell,,, so hurry Up and TELLLLLLL