Saturday, April 4, 2009

"oh I'm not as creative as you"

These are the words my own mother uttered when I showed her my very first "archival" scrapbook pages oh so many years ago now. My mom is a very creative person and I guffawed at her statement, knowing I would just need to keep nurturing those seeds I began planting as soon as I finished those first pages. My mom has over the years succumbed (to use the word lightly...lol) to the delight of scrapbooking and card making. While some of her pages are not my style I certainly do appreciate the stories she is telling in each journalled word. None of us are getting any younger and knowing that my kids and someday, grandkids, will know about their Granny's life and mine too is soothing to the soul. Over the years Mom has managed to collect quite a good 'stock' of scrapbooking paraphenalia. I would venture to say she has more *stuff* than I do (and we know there's alot...lol) Mom put some of her creativeness and supplies to create the following card for my wedding anniversary (today - 16 years! WHOOO HOOO) - actually I didn't realize it was so late while I am posting and the anniversary was yesterday the 3rd - flowers are still beautiful...


Isn't it just the prettiest little card. It's a 4 x 4 size and trimmed in all kinds of goodies. Mom likes to use rub-on's alot and those tiny micro beads that I just don't have the patience for. I so enjoy recieving a handmade card from my mom. I know she pours a tiny bit of her heart into each offering - and that love is returned tenfold.

While hubby is away working we didn't get to celebrate our anniversary today (not unless you count actually getting the taxes complete and filed today! WHOO HOOO again...lol) - however G being the good-guy he is arranged before he went into camp again, to have the gal who owns "That Flower Shop on Vedder" take care of a bouquet of gorgeous flowers, to be delivered to me today. He's a sweetie and the flowers are devine. I think I subconsciously picked April to get married for the plethora of colorful flowers available at this time of year.


It was a delightful day - a perfect ending to a busy work week. I hope you are enjoying your weekend and thanks so much for poppin' in!




4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm not as creative as you OR your mother! But, that's beside the point. It fun trying, and it's a really peaceful, calming thing to do in a oh-so crazy world. Your mom's card is beautiful as are the flowers your hubby sent. Happy anniversary! Sixteen years is a good start toward a lifetime.

Jeanne said...

What Kathi said! She said it so much better than I ever could.

Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...

The card your Mom made is oh so beautitul!

RAE said...

Happy belated anniversary! Beautiful flowers G sent you! Hope the packing is going well and everything is going according to schedule for the big move.