Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOM's DAY!

Wishing each of my 'mothering' readers a Happy Mom's Day! I know it is a "hallmark cards" day adopted in the early years of the last century, but I agree with almost anything that will give those that don't often let their mom's know they love them, a kick in the pants! :)

I woke to the smell of french toast, a fresh cup o' tea and a red rose - lovingly made and presented by my 'tenderheart bear' Riley. I had breakfast in bed, approximately an hour of leisure before I was prodded to 'get moving' by hubby (I'm not his mother after all.....lol) Today we gardened, entertained company, hooked up the TV and now it's almost time to get prepared for the upcoming work/school week.

I am looking forward to beginning the pleasurable task of organizing my scrapbook workshop this coming week! In the mean time there are books to put away, boys bedrooms to sort out and the other tasks that need attention as well.

I hope you have been well and enjoyed a day filled with loved ones! I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures which is of the reason I am a MOM! My sweet boys, 4 years ago.....

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Awww, that's sweet. Happy Mother's Day!

Kathi Carlson said...

I can see why you love that photo - they appear to be the best of buds with sweet, smiling little faces. Happy Mother's Day, friend!

RAE said...

Hope you enjoyed Mom's Day. How's the new house organizing coming along? All done?