Friday, May 1, 2009

Humble Pie with a side of Sour Grapes....

I worked long and hard on this card! It was my submission for the card contest at Regionals this past weekend. I think it turned out lovely and will set it aside to perhaps teach a workshop on brayering and dying those dye-able embellishments. I enjoyed the process of creating this card from the concept in my head, to the prototype that became the finished card. It didn't make the top 5 for judging but I think it is a work of *heart*, it reminds me of looking out my kitchen window at Williams Lake just before sunrise. I hope you like it better than the judges did!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

WHAT!!!! That card is stunning! Grrrr...I'm indignant on your behalf. The only thing I can think of that "they" might have been thinking is it looks like a pretty detailed card (beautiful, but you can see it took a long time to create) and they promote that faster, simpler, easier theme.

I hope you will admire your efforts and know in your heart that it's a winner!

Sarah said...

Wowzer...I can't believe it didn't make it to the top 5!!! It is a work of art. It is stunningly gorgeous. It is a winner in my eyes!

Samantha said...

Pam This is BEAUTIFUL! OMG! I love the concept of it. What a stunning piece of artwork! I know that a lot of work must have gone into this! I'm kinda feeling like some sour grapes myself even though my lo made t5. We can only appriciate the work we did and enjoy it for ourselves, if others feel like we do then it is a bonus. I know how many people truly addore your work!!! Thanks for sharing your'se, it would be nice to see all the entries! CTMH has so much talent IMHO! Hope your enjoying your new home!!!:)

Debby said...

Oh Pam, this card is stunning and I want one!!! Too bad for them, I think you you should have the number one place...

Debby

RAE said...

I think it's just gorgeous! You can tell you put a lot of work into it.