Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Escape - it's a "Piece of Cake"



Hello all - or those who check in to see if miracle of all miracles I have actually updated my blog! LOL

Today I needed an escape - time to get away with my thoughts. So I headed to the place I love to be - my workshop! As I started fiddling around with my stamps I realized (yet again...lol) that everything doesn't have to be artsy fartsy, covered in paper galore and accessorized up the wazoooo. These cards are simple - simply put. Pretty much a reflection of me trying to empty my head of all those unnecessary things and get back to basics. Sessions such as these are a sure sign I am feeling pressure. This is when I take the opportunity to step back and try to regain some semblance of 'normal' in my life.

With that said (and I do feel better for it...lol) these are my offerings today using the February CTMH SOTM "Piece of Cake" and the Family Ties sets for a special 'welcome' card for a friend who just had a baby boy last month.

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very cute cards. Love how you created your family. And the Piece of Cake cards are fabulous. Really like the nice, clean lines.

Kathi Carlson said...

Love the baby card - perfect! The Piece of Cake cards are awesome, too. Love the simplicity - all that is needed with stamps so cute.