Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Self Made Background

I had a lot of fun designing this background and card. It involves several pieces but now that I have my handy dandy cricut  ART PHILOSOPHY cartridge from Close to My Heart - making this will be a breeze! Thanks for looking.

I stamped the background using the TWO STEP background set (D1473) and then dry embossing gridlines in one inch blocks. I ran my inkpad over top to capture the ink on the grid pattern, adding another dimension to the paper. Next steps involved alot of cutting (this was prior to the cricut cart release...lol) using Dutch Blue, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf and Pear inks and papers. The stars are dimensional chip board shapes. Adding dimension to cards is especially fun with pop dots, making the birthday greeting pop right off the card. For futther information don't hesitate to contact me. 

1 comment:

EmileeAnn said...

Super cute, Pam! Love your background, your colors and the stars...so fun!