Friday, September 30, 2011

Paper Trails - BELIEVE in October





I am so excited about this project and all the other gals blog hop posts for Octobers FOCUS PAPER - BELIEVE, from Close to My Heart.  If you've arrived here from BETSY GULLY'S Stamp Scrap Fever you are definitely on the trail....

This month I wanted to do something a little different. Using our My Creations Cube,  chipboard box I've created a cute little pre-holiday accent for keeping all those ideas that seem to float around, but never get onto a Christmas wish list. I beg my kids and hubby to write things down for me and hopefully this way they can simply jot down their wish on a cute little stocking, insert it in the box and by the end of November I will have a ton of ideas for their holiday gifts. The ART PHILOSOPHY cricut cartridge from CTMH has become my best friend these past few months.

Click on Photo for larger detail. 
Click on Photos for larger detail


  • Cover the box with paper of choice, on the four sides and bottom. I used a plain cardstock for the bottom as it won't be seen. 
  • Choose dimensional 'frame' element and trace (inside frame) onto the center of top piece of paper for box. (remember to do it on the wrong side so you don't have pencil marks showing) Cut out hole. I then mounted my patterned paper on a piece of coordinating cardstock and cut that center piece out as well. Ink or cover 'frame' and mount over hole. Mount this piece (finally...lol) onto top of box. 
  • Cut out 'fry box' from AP cartridge in coordinating paper (I believe i used a 2.5" setting on this one) and tie with ribbon around front, mounting in center of front side panel. 
  • Cut using AP cartridge several 'stockings' and stamp top cuff using your image and color of choice. 
  • Tie the box together at corners using buttons and waxy flax in coordinating colors, as anchors to make the box extra sturdy. 
  • Insert stockings into fry box on front and you have an instant (okay maybe 1 hour later) cute adornment to collect all those great wish list ideas. 
Other ideas for this kind of box could be a 'piggy bank' at a baby shower with photos of the new babe attached to sides. A Money Bank at a wedding shower or on a gift table at a wedding, birthday bank, wish list ideas throughout the year.....the possibilities are absolutely endless.

Thanks for stopping on the trail  - please head on over to VICKI WIZNIUKS - WIZARDS HANGOUT for the next pitstop! 

11 comments:

Gerriann said...

i love this! I have had a cube for 2 years now and it has just sat around. Now I have a great example for what to do with it. I think that I will make a Thanksgiving box with the Dreamin' paper pack! Thanks for the inspiration it is TOTALLY AWESOME!

Betsy said...

LOVE it!! Never did up one of these cubes because I had no ideas for it. Genius!!

clmk523 said...

Great idea! Love it!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Ok, so I really need one of these... brilliant idea! Tell me who couldn't use a little Christmas wish list from time-to-time when trying to figure out what gift to get someone? Tho I have a feeling my hubby would be jotting down things I couldn't get at the store... KWIM??? lol

Anyways, I LOVE this!

Sharli said...

This is an awesome idea - and you've decorated it so nicely that it will also add to the whole decor! I love this idea, nice work!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Great idea and very cute, too!

Mare said...

Wow!!!! Love the stocking tags!!!!

That extra box sitting over there on the corner? I'm emailing you my address so you can decorate it and get it in the mail to me on Monday.........

Inspirational!!!!

~Mychl said...

Oh! Goodness!! I LOVE this idea!!! What a wonderful Great brilliant idea! I might have to copy this idea for my house!!!

Christina Strom said...

What a great idea :)

Kathleen said...

Oh this is really cute. What an awesome idea!

Karen said...

Lovely idea and thanks for the directions so we can stamplift!!