Saturday, May 12, 2012

In Her Words

I have a very eclectic group of friends and each of them brings with then their own unique sense of personality and style. 

I thought it would be fun to feature some of the gals who scrap with me.... 


Debby B. 

I met Debby almost from the moment I became a Close To My Heart Consultant in 2003. She was on my initial list of people to contact because she'd contacted our corporate office showing interest in the products before we opened up in Canada. Long story short she signed up on my team and through our mutual love of scrapbooking and our Saviour, have become close friends over the years. Although her time as a consultant was cut short due to family demands, we've maintained our friendship and I know that she was put on my path for many great and good reasons. With that said, I'd like to introduce Debby B...... 

In her own words.....

How long have you been scrapbooking?
I've been scrapbooking for 13 years. I started out using Creative Memories products and it grew from there.

Why did you start scrapbooking? Like most people I fell in love with the entire idea and thought it would be a great thing to do for my boys. I love to craft and this is a perfect outlet.

What is your favorite tool? I couldn't live without my paper trimmer as crazy as that sounds. I use it for everything including putting my tea cup on so I don't leave marks on my paper....lol (you don't ever want to mess with Debby's paper)

Do you have a Favorite Technique? I'd have to say distressing with ink. It adds something special to any project. I use either ink directly from the pad, or sponges to distress.

Do you stamp in your scrapbooks? Occasionally, however most of my stamping if for cards.

What are you currently working on? I recently became a great aunt again and am working on a baby album for the newest addition to our family. Hopefully we can get her mom hooked too.

What is your favorite scrapbooking related memory?  I'd think it is the dozen or so completed family albums that tell our families story. I find it so neat that my boys who are teenagers now still will go pull out an album and look through them. They are very good about reminding me when I 'fall behind' and need to scrap some more. To me this means that the time spent creating these albums has a positive impact on them.  It is a connection that we share together, I get to present our story creatively and they love looking at the end result.

Who is your biggest scrapbooking supporter aside from family? That would have to be my 'dealer' - I mean friend and consultant Pam.

Do you have a *bad* scrapbooking habit? I'm a paper hoarder! I love paper and sometimes have been known to contemplate actually cutting into a sheet because it is so beautiful. I ask myself, "is this project worthy of the paper" - is there a 12 step program for this?

Anything else you'd like to add? - YES when does the next Idea Book come out? :)

Thanks Debby for joining in the fun! 





2 comments:

Alice said...

I love your guest post feature! A fantastic idea, with fun questions!

Pam Klassen said...

Thanks Alice - I scooped the Idea from Dawn Hueft.