Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Celebrate 50 - #6


CUT it OUT - LOL I don't mean stop...I literally mean CUT IT OUT. Sometimes the letters or focal point we want to use just don't match up with the size of card we're trying to create - so I CUT them out. My friends refer to this as my signature move...well that and inking everything but todays post focuses on stamp it, cut it, mount it. 

For this Father's Day card I stamped, cut and mounted the lighthouse on pop dots to give the card some 'lift', then stamped and cut out my letters. They would have been hard to stamp directly on the card, but by trimming them and overlapping slightly they add the perfect 'embellishment'. TRY IT - cutting can be theraputic...lol 

2 comments:

Patty said...

Pam I love how you combined the different stamp sets. This is a great looking card!

Pam Klassen said...

Thanks Patty - I try to make use of ALL my stamps...lol