Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Color Dare #58 - Sky, Sweetleaf and Buttercup



Color My Heart's Color Dare #58.  This week, everyone's  playing with Sweet Leaf, Sky and Buttercup!


Give it a try and enter this week's Color Dare!  Make your own project -- card or 3D creation -- using just these three colours.  Then enter it here for your chance to win bragging rights.


Here is a closer look at each card. If you look closely you will see that all patterns for each card are the same using Sketch #   in the Make it From Your Heart Volume #2 book. I love these books for the simplicity of patterns that are easily adaptable and even more fun to bump up to the next level. 



I love to use my own stamps to create patterned paper using the "random stamping" technique. Adding different textures of embellishments give these cards variety. 

Supplies: 
C1556 Paisley Perfect Flair
D1559 Geometric Backgrounds
B1428 Look to the Light
Embellishments include: Z1844 Trinket Wooden Shapes
Big Bling and Staples



Having fun with one of our awesome Hostess Stamp sets: 
C1560 Wintery Wishes. 

Additional Embellishments include Mini Opaques and BLING as well as a Silver Metallic Marker

And last but not least... I turned the card around using the same pattern to get a different look again. Using a simple sponging techique I used "gradient" color to fill in the white focal piece. 


Supplies: 

C1559 Always Grateful. 
Additional Embellishments include; Sparkle Brads & Photo Pin with Large Sparkle Brad in center. 

Thanks for stopping in.... it was a fun challenge to create 3 distinctly different 'occasion' cards using the same color palette and pattern.



4 comments:

canadian_liner said...

So glad to have you as the Guest Designer this week, Pam. I love how you created your own stamped background papers for these cards (who needs patterned paper!?). I also like how you showed the versatility of a single card sketch. Great work!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Awesome job as our Guest Designer this week, Pam! Your cards are wonderful and I love how you used the Make it From Your Heart patterns to create your cards. Thanks for the inspiration! We look forward to having you join us in the Color My Heart Color Dare gallery again soon!
:) Marie

Kigz said...

Happy to have you on the DT this week, Pan! What an amazing job with the sketch! I need to get that book and open it up! ;)

Kigz said...

Hahaha! I meant, PaM of course!!! See what a hurry I was in to grab my book!?